For a great appetizer that travels well, may I suggest a caprese on a stick. I like recipes, but have never written one. I will try to get better at details as the recipes get more elaborate.
- little mozzarella balls
- fresh basil
- balsamic oil
- extra virgin Olive oil
- sea salt
- cherry tomatoes
- Wash and pat dry the basil, cutting into strips that are big enough to still stick a skewer through.
- Throw the m. balls, and tomatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic and EVOO. Lightly coat, heavier on the balsamic than the oil.
- Dust bowl item with sea salt.
- Deftly put the basil, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls on skewers–go for a pattern if you are so inclined.
- Feel good about the healthy and beautiful appetizer you just made.